I saw this post on Lauren’s Looks and I thought it was such a fun read; so I had to try it out myself! I’ve been thinking about doing the classic ‘What’s In My Makeup Bag?’ post, but I think this twist sounds more fun. Basically, I’m going to tot up the prices of the makeup products I use to make my face look ‘normal’ and see how much my face is ‘worth’!
1. No7 Shine Free Primer £10.50
2. Revlon Colorstay 24H Foundation in Buff £12.49.
3. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain £19.00
4. No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder in Transluscent £10.50
5. Makeup Revolution Blushing Hearts Bronzer in Summer of Love £4.99
6. Makeup Revolution Blushing Hearts Highlighter in Goddess of Love £4.99
7. Naked Palette £38
8. Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner in Black £5.29
9. Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Black £3.99
10. Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum £24.50
11. MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black Brown £10.99
12. Benefit Roller Lash £19.50
13. Soap & Glory Brow Archery £10
14. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm £3.69
15. Maybelline Colorsensational Nude Lipstick in 725 Tantalizing Taupe £6.99
So altogether, my face is worth £185.42!
I’m actually pretty shocked, it looks like quite a lot of money, written down like that. I’m also pretty surprised that I use about 15 products in my ‘everyday’ face – so every time I leave the house. That price doesn’t even take into account the products I use when I’m going on a night out, which would probably come to a lot more!
I wonder what my friends who don’t wear makeup would say, if I told them how much I spend just to look ‘alive’? I think the boys in particular would be pretty amazed!
Let me know if you’ve done a ‘How Much Is My ‘Face’ Worth?’ post, I’d love to have a read! In the meantime, I’m going to go and re-evaluate my fiances…
Panda Eyes xx
Let’s not even mention skincare and makeup brushes! I feel a bit faint…