As this is a new blog, thought I should post a little something so you can get to know me a bit better :) So these are my answers to 32 questions – some about make-up and beauty, and some more personal.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? It’s naturally sort of wavy. But it blow dries straight. I like it straight.
2. What is your natural hair colour? The classic mousey-brown. Sometimes I swear its got a hint of green. I’m currently bleaching it blonde. The long term plan is pastel pink!
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? When I was about 13 my sister got me a bit hooked on DIY hair dye, we were changing our hair every couple of months to various shades of brown/red/purple/black. Then I wanted it lighter, so I went for the John Fredia Go Blonder collection . . . which was a terrible idea. Now I’only trust colouring to the pros!
4. How often do you wash your hair? Seriously, once every 3 days. It doesn’t get greasy very quickly and I’ve heard its much better for your hair not to wash it every day.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it? Usually its down and straight, but occasionally I’ll go for a messy pony. But sometimes I do like to mix it up with plaits or buns or something a bit more glam (if I can be arsed)
6. How often to you change your nail polish? Whenever I get bored of it. Sometimes after a day, sometimes after a week. I am obsessed with nail varish. I’ve got over 70.
7. Do you polish your toes in the winter, or just in the summer? Why would you only paint 10 nails when you have 20?! I always have my toes painted, just because I can!
8. How long does it take to put on your makeup? I can get a basic look done in 10 minutes. For college, probably 30 mins. For a special occasion, forever.
9. What do you do first: face or eyes? Foundation first. Who does eyes first?! Is that even possible?!
10. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it? I hoard make-up.
11. How often do you wear false eyelashes? I’ve worn them once. Never again – I can’t stick them on properly to save my life!
12. Do you do a full face of makeup every day? Whenever I leave the house. I’m only confident enough to not wear make-up around people I’m very close to (if you’ve seen me bare-faced, you’re special!)
13. How many high end products do you have? The first things that come to mind are a Dior Lash Primer, YSL Touche Élact and a Naked Palette (does that count?). There’s probably some other things lurking around my dressing table . . .
14. How often do you wash your makeup brushes? Not often enough! I’m halfway through a post about washing brushes, so that should be up within the week.
15. What is your favourite colour? Black and white.
16. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine? I read Glamour religiously and I’m not ashamed to admit it! I’d read stuff like Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Russh, I-D and Selvedge more regularly but they’re pretty expensive for my small budget! Considering buying a subscription to I-D at the moment though.
17. What is your favourite subject in school? Art. Without question.
18. What’s your favourite song at the moment? Fake by Busted. It’s been my favourite since I was about 8!
19. What’s your favourite book? The Song of Ice and Fire series. (Game of Thrones!)
20. What’s your favourite perfume? Miss Dior, Dior. Insolence, Guerlain. Malaia, Hollister
21. What’s your favourite store? Boots. Its like my temple. Nothing better than a huge, multi-story Boots. The advantage card. The offers. The range of products. I don’t know how people outside of the UK survive without it.
22. What’s your favourite movie? Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The Life of Brain. Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter. The Bourne Trilogy. Shutter Island. My whole family’s waiting for The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies (extended family included).
23. What are some of your favourite TV shows? Game of Thrones. Made in Chelsea. Sherlock. The Apprentice.
24. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed? I can’t plan an everyday outfit the night before, because what I wear is 100% down to my mood. I feel clothes are so spontaneous! If I’m planning an outfit for something like a date or a party or something I’ll plan weeks in advance. I planned my outfit for my Fifth Year prom for something like 6 months!
25. How often do you change your handbag? Whenever I need to. I’ve got about 3 bags I rotate regularly; usually I’ll change if my current bag doesn’t go with an outfit, or its the wrong size, or its so full of clutter I can’t find what I need!
26. Left-handed or Right-handed? Right-handed.
27. How tall are you? 173cm. 5”8.
28. Do you speak a foreign language? I’m so bad at learning languages. I did a bit of Latin, French and Spanish at school but I gave them all up as soon as I could!
29. How many pets do you have? We’ve got a dog called Coco. She’s a rescue dog; a cross between a German Shepherd, and Lurcher and probably some sort of Terrier. We’ve also got 2 guinea pigs: Sybil and Nancy.
30. Do you swear? Like a sailor.
31. Do you have a middle name? Ruby. My mum went into labour during my grandparents ruby wedding anniversary party.
32. PC or Mac? It depends. I am full on lusting over a MacBook Pro but then I don’t think you can play Skyrim on a Mac (#PCgamer)
Hopefully now you know me a little better!
Panda Eyes xx