It’s no secret that we all occasionally come down with a bout of Blogger’s Block; and there is nothing worse than that chirpy little cursor, flashing at the start of an empty word document! The best place to search for inspiration is often other blogs, or a quick Google search of ‘Blog Post Ideas’. However, this can sometimes just churn up posts full of similar stuff – which isn’t always that inspiring.
With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of slightly different blog post ideas! You’ve probably thought of writing product reviews, monthly favourites or outfits of the day; so I’ve tried to be a little more creative with these ideas. These are mostly beauty blog related, but I’ve popped a couple of more fashion and lifestyle ones in there too. (I’ve also linked similar posts of my own, where relevant, in case you need a little more information).
I hope you feel inspired! (It’s a wordy one today. . .)
- How I Store My Makeup – This is also a great chance to show us your collection! I would never have imagined how nice those perspex lipstick holders would look without beauty bloggers, so I love reading about new ways to store my makeup!
- How I Store My Jewellery – I am always looking for new ways to store and display my earrings/rings/necklaces etc. Do you have a particularly good method? Share it!
- Favourite Beauty Books – Lots of us have our favourite makeup bibles, but I don’t hear about them that much on blogs. Who are your favourite makeup artists? Have they written a good book? I really enjoyed writing My Beauty Library post, which was this sort of thing. Or, alternatively, show us your favourite books on another topic!
- Favourite Jewellery – I just feel like jewellery is so often over-looked on beauty and fashion blogs – for me, its such a huge part of my style! Everyone’s got those favourite key pieces, so share yours with us. Where did you get them? Did you splash out, or was it a complete bargain? How do you like to style them with your favourite clothes? What do they go best with?
- What’s On My Charm Bracelet? – I love posts like this! It’s so interesting to read about everyone’s gorgeous charm bracelets; especially when bloggers share the stories behind the charms like where they got them, what they mean to them etc. (See my What’s On My Pandora Bracelet for more inspiration)
- How Much Is My Face Worth? – I first saw this take on the classic ‘What’s In My Makeup Bag’ post on Lauren’s Looks, and I just had to have a go myself (it’s coming soon, promise!). Writing this post was a real eye-opener for me, but it’s also a great chance to show your daily makeup routine.
- Beauty Blunders – I was never really sure about this post before I wrote it, but it quickly became my most popular post ever. Everyone made silly mistakes in those early makeup years, and it’s great fun to share them with other bloggers. (And it’s comforting to see how many people have done exactly the same thing!)
- What’s In My Handbag? – This one is an interesting post idea in itself, but I love when bloggers put their own twist on it! For example, I planning a post on my College Bag. Where do you always take your handbag? Tell us about what you carry! (Other examples might be school bag, travel bag, work bag, night-out bag etc.)
- Hauls – Everyone loves the classic haul post; but even if you haven’t been on an actual haul recently, I bet you’ve been buying stuff! Show us your recent purchases; whether they’re all from the same day, or from the past few weeks/months. This can be a great way to introduce all your new products, even if you don’t have the money to buy them all in one go!
- Collections – A bit of a twist on a haul post, it can be really fun to show off what products you hoard! You could focus it on a specific type of product, or a brand, or even both. Which was the first product you bought? Which was the last? Which one’s your favourite or your most-used? (One of my most popular posts so far is my Rimmel Lipstick Collection post, and it was also one of my favourites to write)
- Haircare Routine – Show us how you style your hair everyday! While this might seem day-to-day for you, it’s another interesting hair tutorial for us. Show us your favourite products, and how and in what order you apply them. Do you sometimes mix it up? How?
- Manicures of the Month – This is another post I’m planning right now! Nail polishes are one of my beauty obessions, and I love seeing everyone else’s favourites. Rather than just doing a review on a new purchase, you could switch it up and show us multiple looks, or just one favourite, or mix it up with a nail art tutorial. Or combine it with a collection-style post; and show us all your polishes!
- DIY Beauty – Some of the best beauty products are sometimes the ones we can make in our own kitchens. Do you have a particularly good recipe for a homemade face mask, lip scrub, hair mask, bath product etc.? Share it with your fellow bloggers!
- Inspiration Post – What’s inspiring you right now? You could share your favourite photos from Instagram, Pinterest or Tumblr; share your favourite blogs and bloggers at the moment; or a set of photos inspiring you on a topic (makeup looks, hairstyles, home decor etc.). Or similarly, maybe a wishlist/shopping list of all the things you’re currently lusting over!
- And now for something completely different – If your blog’s feeling a little sad or stale, just try writing about something different from the usual. What are your other hobbies and interests? Try writing a post about those! On Peppermint and Panda Eyes, I mainly write about makeup and beauty, but sometimes it can be fun to just mix it up a bit. For example, I’ve written posts on going to Brighton with my best friend, or a playlist of all my favourite music at the moment. It’s fun to give your readers something a little different; it’s what keeps us all on our toes! (Other ideas include your favourite films, TV shows, blogs, shops, places to visit, music, websites, food, books, clothes, a club/lesson/evening class you go to or a fun day out you had recently!)
This post is as much for me as it is for you; I wanted to get down all my post ideas, and I’ll definitely refer back to this post on those days when I need inspiration. Remember, never feel like you have to post – blogging shouldn’t be a chore! If you need to take a break, by all means take one. We’ll all still be here when you get back, and nobody will hold it against you. And most importantly, don’t forget: it’s your blog, write about whatever you want!
Panda Eyes xx